FREE SHIPPING AND RETURNS ON ORDERS OVER $100
Jewelry And Watch Repair Guide
How Our Experts Bring Your Broken Pieces Back To Life
Your beloved jewelry pieces and treasured watches are more than mere accessories, they’re some of your most prized possessions. You cherish them because they’re meaningful pieces which play a part in your story.
So, when one of your favorite pieces accidentally gets damaged, it might seem like the end of the world. But there’s no need to worry! The good news is that your jewelry and timepieces can be professionally fixed in no time.
How to repair broken jewelry
First things first, no matter what happened to your jewelry, you should never try to fix it yourself! Jewelry repair isn’t a DIY project, so you should take your broken piece to a respected jewelry store where professionals will tend to it and find the best solution to fix the damage.
Then, all you have to do is wait, and, in no time, you’ll be wearing your beloved jewelry once again.
Expert tips for keeping your jewelry flawless for a long time
The best way to prevent damage is to take proper care of your jewelry. This is extremely important because, as the saying goes,it’s better to be safe than sorry. With proper care, maintenance, and repair, your jewelry will always look gorgeous.To help you with that, let’s take a look at how you can look after the stunning pieces in your jewelry box.
• Always keep your jewelry clean, neat, and organized. You can either keep them in their original boxes or in a felt-lined jewelry box or accessory drawer in your closet.
• Make sure to always be on the lookout for any signs that may indicate your jewelry is in danger of damage or breakage. That could be anything from wobbly clasps to lose prongs or thinning ring shanks.
• Take your most-worn pieces to get regular cleanings and occasional jewelry inspections. Professional care is the best way damage from happening. to ensure your pieces always look spotless and to prevent
What can jewelers fix?
Jewelry repairs range from simple to complex, but the good news is that, at Shreve & Co., our team of experts can repair anything. Among the jewelry repair services we offer, here are some of the most common issues we see every day.
• Ring resizing
• Ring shank soldering
• Prong retipping and replacement
• Gemstone replacement
• Chain lengthening and shortening
• Chain repair and soldering
• Clasp repair and replacement Earring repair
• Pearl restringing
• Jewelry refinishing and cleaning
How long does jewelry repair take?
There’s no definitive answer here because it depends on what you’re having repaired and the complexity of the work required. Some repairs take longer than others, and there are simple issues which can be addressed on the spot, such as bringing luster back to your wedding ring with a routine cleaning and polishing.
On average, though, you can expect a turn-around time to range from a couple of hours to a couple of weeks. However, keep in mind that this is just an estimate, which can vary depending on the issue that needs repairing.
Can watches be repaired?
Absolutely! After all, if you want to keep your timepieces shipshape, you need to take them to a professional from time to time, not only to have them maintained, but also for the occasional repair.
Whether your watch requires a whole mechanical overhaul or just a new battery, expert jewelers can efficiently restore your timepieces back to their original glory.
What are some common timepiece repairs?
At Shreve & Co., our professional jewelers have extensive experience repairing watches and can service almost any Swiss luxury timepiece. The range of watch repair services we offer includes:
• Battery and strap replacement Polishing and cleaning
• Time accuracy and water-resistance testing
• Dial, crystal, and bezel repair or replacement
• Complication and grand complication repair
• Pocket watch repair
Where to repair jewelry and watches in the Bay Area?
Shreve & Co. Jewelers offers the broadest scope of jewelry and timepiece repair service in the industry. Regardless of where you purchased your jewelry piece or watch, we’re happy to repair it for you.
Just bring your pieces in need of some TLC to Shreve & Co., and we’ll restore them to their original glory. Whether you need a new clasp on a bracelet, a ring sized, a diamond set, or a routine cleaning for your beloved timepiece, we do it best.
Visit us on Post Street in San Francisco or in Stanford Shopping Center in Palo Alto. And, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram and Facebook to keep up with our latest news and get some stunning jewelry inspiration.